Our work on the project, contracted through general contractor, Lightsey Restorations, included masonry restoration, plaster restoration, metal fabrication, complete window and door restoration, glazing, and interior painting.
The Ohio Governor’s Residence was designed by Columbus architect Robert Gilmore Hanford and completed in 1925, as the residence for industrialist, Malcolm Jeffrey. Since 1957, it has been the residence for the last nine Ohio governors.
Designed and built in the Richardsonian Romanesque style by the noted architectural firm of Charles Henry, the historic First Congregational Church in Akron, Ohio was completed in 1910 and recently restored in 2005.
Formerly home to ten Ohio governors, this classic structure is on the National Registry of historic buildings. The historic mansion was built for Charles Lindberg who lived in the home for fourteen years before the State of Ohio purchased the property in 1919.
The Bell tower experienced a full exterior restoration which included removing and replacing all of the slate on the main steeple and a smaller turret, along with a complete reconstruction of two hand carved finials.