Columbus, Ohio

This historic building was virtually abandonded for decades, and was recently restored with financial help from historic tax credits and grants. This financing required all repairs to match the existing architectural details or to be recreated from historic photographs.

Originally built in 1910 as the St. Clair Hospital, the building was later converted into a hotel that served predominantly African-Americans, including many nationally renowned musical acts.  Today, this beautifully restored building functions as senior housing.