Lancaster, Ohio

This project encompassed the interior and exterior ground-up restoration and renovation of a treasured historic structure in Fairfield County. Built in 1834 by attorney William Reese, the historic mansion was completely restored to provide a home for the Decorative Arts Center of Ohio.

The scope of the two year long restoration project included:

  • structural stabilization
  • extensive plaster restoration including very ornamental moldings
  • painting throughout
  • custom wood work throughout including windows, doors, trim, flooring, shutters, and two fancy staircases
  • masonry restoration of walls and chimneys
  • limestone steps
  • new standing seam copper roof and copper gutters with custom lightning protection
  • lighting
  • an addition in the rear
  • landscaping including extensive hardscape work
  • modern conveniences as well as updates to meet current code requirements for a working museum
  • rehabilitation of carriage house