Holy Name of Mary was re-built in 1929 after the first wooden structure suffered from hurricane damage in 1915. The original congregation was founded in 1848 and was named after the family that donated the land, Saint Bartholomew. Holy Name of Mary was also the first Catholic parish in the historic New Orleans neighborhood, Algiers.
Durable Restoration’s focus for this project was restoring the bell tower. There were four missing or badly broken stones on the bell tower; each was measured and precisely replicated to match the original. In addition, any chips, cracks, or breaks that were in the existing stone were patched using historically correct stone masonry methods.