Once a private residence on Main Street in Groveport, Ohio, the historic log home was saved by the Groveport Heritage Society and relocated to Heritage Park to make way for a new post office building. Originally, there were two separate buildings; the larger building was constructed in 1815, the smaller in 1825. The restored log house is a source of pride for the community, and is used for a variety of public and private events. Durable Restoration’s foreman was awarded the 2006 Builder’s Exchange Craftsmanship Award for this project.
Repairs to the deteriorated logs were completed both inside and outside the structure using wood epoxy. The logs walls were reinforced to correct separation between the structures. A new hand-split cedar shake roof was also installed.
Durable Restoration also completed other aspects of this project including: