Located in eastern downtown Baltimore, MD, near Little Italy and Old Town, sits a small brick house on East Pratt Street, the Flag House, wherein Mary Young Pickersgill made America’s first Star-Spangled Banner. Mounted above Fort McHenry’s ramparts during the War of 1812, it survived British rockets and inspired Francis Scott Key to write our National Anthem.
More recently, The Flag House‘s garden wall and fencing assemblies met with a car, ruining a portion of the fence and damaging the historic brick. The Durable Restoration Company is replacing each injured brick with historically accurate alternatives. Matching the size, texture, and color of the bricks will produce a seamless and lasting repair. As for the fence, we are fabricating a custom replacement that precisely matches the existing columns.