New York, New York
This historic Harlem church was completed in 1930. In 1969, the building was ravaged with fire and the interior was completely destroyed. The spire atop the stone steeple was weakened so much by the fire that it had to be removed. In 1977, the building, with the exception of the steeple, was finally restored. It would be another nineteen years before a lead-coated copper and steel spire would be re-constructed and hoisted into place. The historically accurate 37’ spire was constructed in central Ohio and then transported to New York and craned into place and secured by our artisans.